Supporting Idaho’s Writers Since 1940
The Idaho Writer’s League has been supporting Idaho’s writers for almost 80 years. Our goals include the following:
- Provide a support network for writers of all skill levels
- Encourage new writers to grow their skills
- Provide useful information for writers through conferences and critique groups
- Promote the art of writing in Idaho
- Encourage public respect and support for literary arts
Delivered right to your inbox, the Leagazette keeps you updated with IWL news and events across the state and even beyond the borders.
Our members meet regularly to share their work, and provide critique. Group sessions like these provide a pivotal tool for writers of all skill levels to sharpen their abilities. See Chapter page for more details.
Each year we offer a writing conference designed to offer opportunities to learn the craft and business of writing. 2020 will offer our first online conference event. See Conference page for more details.
In 2020, members may submit up to three entries from a choice of 28 categories plus a book entry. The contest closes on July 1st, and entries will only be accepted via email because of COVID-19. See Contest page for more details.
The Idaho Writer’s League hosts several chapters across the state. Visit our Chapter List to find a group near you!